This tool allows you to quickly send objects from 3dsMax to Substance Painter.
- Automatic export selected objects (and Normal maps assigned in "Bump/Normal bump" if available)
- Creation of a Substance Painter document at export location with correct normal maps/materials assignations (from scratch or using a .spp as source file)
- Automatically relaunch Substance Painter in order to get a quick preview
- Use a Substance Painter document (.spp file) as template
The script will create the folder structure (specified in the export path) and a subfolder (optional) based on the "Export name" (or first object name in alphabetic order if none is mentioned). This folder contains the Substance Painter file and all files created from 3dsMax to setup it.
Be sure to have administrator privileges in order to be able to add files to 3dsMax sub-directories.
1. Launch 3dsMax using right click->Run as administrator.
2. Use "MAXScript->Run Script" to execute the .mzp file.
3. Click on "Customize->Customize User Interface". Click on "Toolbars" tab.
4. In "Category", select "Substance" and drag & drop "Send to Substance" in 3dsMax UI to add it as a button.
Optional: you can create your own toolbar by clicking on "New" Button.
This script is not a final product and can evolve/be modified in next releases.
As it allows you to replace existing (exported using the tool) Substance Painter document, be sure to backup your files in order to preserve them from potential errors of manipulation.
Don't hesitate to give me/us feedbacks or examples of how you use it :)
Uploaded: over 4 years ago
Updated: over 4 years ago
File Name: 3dsMax_send_to_SubstancePai...
Size: 16.7 KB
Fantastic plugin! No problems installing with Max 2014.
any chance off adding color/diffuse/spec/decal maps (standard game engine maps) to the import process as well?
Thanks for the feedbacks! Regarding the Diffuse/Specular and other maps support during the export, it has to be discussed as Substance Painter is focused on PBR and most of the time you don't use PBR at first in 3ds Max. It means the Diffuse/Specular maps for example (coming from 3ds Max) will not necessary contain correct information.
I tried 3ds Max 16 and 18, no luck installing it.
--Runtime error: fileIn: can`t open file -...\sendToSubstance.mcr
installed on max18. Bridge doesn`t work. Fbx is sent but does not load in painter
"substance painter executable can not be detected in specified path" showing